Fybromyalgia and Lyrica

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

viggie

Fybromyalgia and Lyrica

Post by viggie » Sun May 04, 2008 11:12 am

Does anyone take Lyrica? It says that one of the side effects is wieght gain. I been on the plan about 1 month and I have seen a small change. My pantyhose go all the way up :) ! I put the scale away because every time I got on it I had gained a pound. Really need a respond!

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sun May 04, 2008 5:26 pm

I don't take Lyrica, but I have been on several meds in the past that contributed to weight gain. I think that certain meds can make it more difficult to lose weight, but not impossible. Sometimes they take away the feeling of fullness....in that case, No S should be quite helpful!

Good news about the changes in your first month! Very encouraging, isn't it?!? :D

Nossuzy

Post by Nossuzy » Sun May 04, 2008 7:04 pm

I was on Lyrica for some nerve pain with my MS and I did not have weight gain from it. I was also on amitriptyline, one of the older meds, and that did cause a lot of weight gain!
"Whew, glad I knew about beets. They would have killed me for sure."

Informatix

Post by Informatix » Mon May 05, 2008 5:44 am

http://www.drugs.com/lyrica.html

In reading about the side effects of this medication, it looks like the possible weight gain is twofold: it can cause water retention and also increased appetite (please note that the instructions read to contact your doctor right away if you experience swelling in your hands or feet). Speak with your physician about your concerns regarding this drug. Perhaps there is a better treatment out there for you if Lyrica is causing you some concern.