Help with Cooking

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DebbiAnn

Help with Cooking

Post by DebbiAnn » Wed May 07, 2008 11:08 pm

I am wondering about the BLT's (Bites, Licks, and Tastes). I am a through together cook, and need to taste to see whats missing or maybe just to tweak it abit. I eat a noodle to test it (my son says throw it on a wall, but since I'm the one who has to clean the wall). Am I cheating, Please advise

Debbi

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed May 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Debbi,
I have to taste for saltiness and doneness ... it is pretty clear to me whether these bites would fit on my one plate meal ... :D this stuff I am not worried about

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

DebbiAnn

Post by DebbiAnn » Wed May 07, 2008 11:13 pm

Thanks, I figured that one noodle or a taste or two of sauce couldn't hurt, but I thought I'd check just the same.

Debbi

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu May 08, 2008 1:33 am

I think it's clear when you need to taste, and when you're really "eating" as long as you're willing to be honest with yourself.

When I was "backsliding," my dinner tastes would be a couple of strawberries (like I needed to taste them to know they were good?), the end of the cheese I was grating (later, I found I really could grate darn near all of it), a couple of bites of... well, whatever... and so on. I wasn't being honest at all.

If I KNOW what it tastes like, it's not a taste. If I'm eating half-a-cup, it's not a taste.

But a sip off a spoon to correct seasoning... that's a taste.