Plates Away From Home

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jayhawk28

Plates Away From Home

Post by Jayhawk28 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:36 am

I'm starting tomorrow. In an attempt to be as successful as possible, I'm going to try and prepare all meals during the week. I could go home for lunch, but I thought I might make meals in advance and put them in tupperware. I bought several round tupperware type items today to store food in. They are the size of the average plate and have three separated compartments in them. Has anyone successfully used this method? I'm a fast food junkie. I think if I try to figure lunch out at lunch, I'm doomed to failure.

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon May 12, 2008 1:47 am

I usually pack lunches - it's easier and MUCH cheaper. Leftovers from supper work really well. If I don't have any, there's always a sandwich or a quesadilla or something of that nature. I keep fruit on hand to fill them out.

And you're right, it is extremely helpful to plan meals ahead.

Good luck!

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon May 12, 2008 2:00 am

When I worked in an office, I always brought lunch. It worked well for me.

I did often make Bento 'cause they're FUN, but plenty of times it was a typical Western meal.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon May 12, 2008 3:15 am

Jayhawk,

sounds like you are planning for SUCCESS!

When I was working out of the house I preferred to take my meals also. It can really reduce the stress of having to make decisions when a lot of other stuff is going on AND as others have already mentioned saves a ton of $$$$$$$$

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 12, 2008 5:27 pm

Hubby and I take our own luches to work as much as possible, and we also take our breafasts. I try and use thos compartment plates also, if not we try and have meat, carb, veggie and fruit at every meal. Breakfast is the only exception, I don't always get protein with that, my breakfast is usually 1/2 cup fiber one, milk and fruit. Hubby has peanut butter and jelly on wheat bread with fruit. Good luck and God Bless.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous