Eh, That's Plenty

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoelFigart

Eh, That's Plenty

Post by NoelFigart » Wed May 14, 2008 5:06 pm

Now that I've got 21 non-failure days down, I actually am looking to see if I need to tweak a little bit.

When I first started, I ate a BIG ole bowl of Optimized Oatmeal to see me through to lunch, and my stomach tended to scream at me a couple of hours before meals, then after a couple of weeks started to whine at about an hour before. Last week it's started to politely request about fifteen minutes before.

I scaled down the bowl size and had to look at the clock today to see that yeah, it's lunchtime.

Now I'm working on lunch some, just going with volume right now. I made a peanut butter sandwich and put a whole bunch of strawberries on the plate. I reached for a bell pepper for a veggie then shrugged and said to myself, "Eh, no. That's enough." (Yes, I know, calorically insignificant what with the peanut butter sandwich and all. I'm playing with volume first. Getting used to loosely-packed plates)

I knew I'd need to do this at some point, but I really, really wanted my habits solid and strong before I tried it. I didn't want to do it until I got to the point where I wasn't even considering eating between meals on N days.

I'm looking at it as a kaizen style progression.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed May 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Sounds like you're getting a good handle on it. I tend to cycle with my plates- sometimes they're very reasonable. Sometimes even a bit lean, according to my appetite. But lately, I've been ravenous the last ocuple of days, so my plates have been a bit... full!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Wed May 14, 2008 8:22 pm

Congrats Noel... I cannot wait to be where you are.
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Wed May 14, 2008 8:30 pm

Noel, I had the same thing happen to me the other night with the evening meal. I put food on my plate and thought I should put more on it and took a second look and basically said the same thing you said! it's a great feeling!

Writer110

Post by Writer110 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:36 am

I agree with LauraAnn! Can't wait to be there! Thanks for reminding us it does come....

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu May 15, 2008 9:51 am

Noel

I had to chuckle at this sentence "I'm looking at it as a kaizen style progression."

I work for a Japanese company so we are always having terms like these thrown at us. I never thought about it in terms of my life before but Kaizen is a very effective system for many aspects of life.

Enjoy.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)