Permission to have an S day midweek??

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Remy

Permission to have an S day midweek??

Post by Remy » Mon May 26, 2008 9:48 am

This is probably a naff question but I am like that when I start something new!! I tend to want to know all the rules and every exception even when they are simple like the No-s diet.

Anyway, here goes. I am travelling to Singapore for a week with my family for a holiday. The family want to go the Raffles Hotel for High Tea. This will be in the afternoon midweek. So it will really be having a snack (or many) and sweet things on an n-day. What do I do?

a) Treat it as an s-day (although not Saturday, Sunday or a special holiday or celebration) and have one less s-day on the following weekend.

b) Not have lunch that day and treat the High Tea as lunch.

c) Go but not eat.

d) Any other suggestions you may have.

I am really hoping you don't pick c. I have been no-sing for a week now and am really liking this approach to food. I could easily get derailed by this Singapore thing because I am a rules kind of gal. I have been pretty good in the past at giving up on things when they get tricky.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon May 26, 2008 10:17 am

Oh gee whiz, you're going to the flippin' RAFFLES.

Call it an S-day.

Remy

Post by Remy » Mon May 26, 2008 11:49 am

That is what I thought too!! But I am very good at justifying anything to myself so I needed someone else to say it.

Thanks.

JillyBean

Re: Permission to have an S day midweek??

Post by JillyBean » Mon May 26, 2008 12:09 pm

Remy wrote: I am travelling to Singapore for a week with my family for a holiday. What do I do?

a) Treat it as an s-day (although not Saturday, Sunday or a special holiday or celebration) and have one less s-day on the following weekend.

I could easily get derailed by this Singapore thing because I am a rules kind of gal. I have been pretty good in the past at giving up on things when they get tricky.
Hi Remy: What part about going to Singapore with your family do you not consider special? Most definitely it is an S-Day! And you don't make up for it by taking away the usual s-days, either.

In fact, I had been doing no-s for three days and I went on vacation (only to Tucson with my daughter to my sister's house) and I called the whole week an s-week! It did not de-rail me at all because I knew I had permission to do it. I combed the book and the website and believed what I read and believed in the process. It was the best vacation I've had in a long time! Don't complicate it, and: Enjoy yourself!
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Mon May 26, 2008 1:19 pm

If there are scones and clotted cream involved, call it an S day.

My metric for special days:

A) How often does this event happen?
(1)Regularly (2)Yearly (3)Once every two years or more.

B) Who is involved?
(1) People I know casually (2)People I consider close friends (3)Near family

C)How meaningful is this event to me personally?
(1)Not very (2)Some (3)Quite a bit

In order for me to call it a Special Day day, it has to score a 7. Using the criteria above, I think High Tea at the Raffles scores at least an 8 and maybe even 9 since I don't know how often you go to Singapore.

palomayombe

Post by palomayombe » Mon May 26, 2008 2:40 pm

Last edited by palomayombe on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue May 27, 2008 1:47 am

Remy,

you have already gotten a lot of great feedback, but if you want more check out the NWS day thread:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3439

that being said, if this is a vacation, anyone correct me if I am wroing, it is legit to take every day an S day or just rack up as many N days as you can and not to worry!

Have a great trip!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey