Anyone struggle for a while and then have long term success?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Writer110

Anyone struggle for a while and then have long term success?

Post by Writer110 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:17 pm

Anyone? Because I am struggling.... :(

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Tue May 27, 2008 1:18 am

I'm pretty sure you are asking specifically about No S.
And I can't answer that question as to it.

However, when it comes to struggling for a very long while
and then having long term successs,....
....weight-loss success IN GENERAL,
I am the postergirl.
Review my daily check-in posts, and look at my graphs, and read my history.
Struggle is necessary before success can be achieved.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

billyymc12508

Post by billyymc12508 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:29 am

It took several tries for me before I got it down, and really established my habit. Keep it up. Remember...a red day, is just ONE day! If you have a failure, you aren't starting over, you're just continuing your No-S journey after a small bump in the road.

Keep it up, because it works, and once you get it it's easier than any alternative.

Think about it like this....it's hard to start the habit of exercise after being sedentary for a long time. It takes more than a week, and probably something more like a month, but eventually your body will crave exercise, it becomes something you need. Sounds hard to believe, but it's true.

Good luck, keep it up. If you fall, get back up immediately. You can do it.

Writer110

Post by Writer110 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:52 pm

Thank you so much for your responses. I got a little tripped up because I was on vacation and then had 4 days off from work. Now hopefully I will be back on a solid routine. I don't have any celebrations or NWS coming up so it will hopefully be easier to establish the habit.

I'm just feeling a little discouraged. I am just so tired of being heavy. None of my clothes fit, I can't afford new ones, and I've seriously been considering going on WW. I am tired of looking in the mirror and hating what I see.

Thank you again for your thoughts.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Tue May 27, 2008 2:31 pm

Moxie28 wrote:I've seriously been considering going on WW.

Remember,
It's not mutually exclusive.

You can do Weight Watchers AND the No S Diet at the same time,
if you want to.
You follow Weight Watchers....except ALSO,
you eat only 3 meals a day,
no snacks, no sweets no seconds except on S days.

That could be very effective for some.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Tallant

Post by Tallant » Tue May 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Hey Moxie,

I'm right there with you. I've been Noessing since April 11th--and I'm sure that I've gained rather than lost even though I've made myself stay off the scale. My clothes are just as tight as they were and I still have to hoist my petard out of the car... I've been going to the gym everyday and doing at least 30 minutes on the treadmill which is a big deal after being totally sedentary for a couple years...and still I don't see any difference. Nada. I started counting No S events on S days and I think that might be helpful. And--I think eliminating the ocassional drink might be a tweak that I need to make.

Also, I'm short and over 60--so I'm sure that's part of the problem--and I never needed very much food to live when I was young and sylph-like--so three very small plates a day is probably all I NEED to eat. I'm still working that out.

I just know that I'm not going to QUIT. No snacks, no sweets and no seconds will fit into any eating plan that I decide to follow. But, I'm not kidding myself either. There is a lot of WORK ahead if I'm going to lose the 65 pounds that are making me miserable.

Thanks so much for the company--

Kathy
What was I waiting for?

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Tue May 27, 2008 10:31 pm

Well, I knew I would be struggling with so much change all at once, so I started by tackling one S at a time, well, you know, you've commented on my success thread.
Even so, in the beggining of my first entirely NoS month, I hesitated and even failed a couple of times (gotta stay away from my husband when he is eating cashew nuts), but I kept thinking that surely, it would get better, eventually.
And after a month and looser clothes, I realize that indeed, it has gotten better; look: yesterday I treated the day like it was an S day, I had dark chocolate and scones with lemon curd; when I was going to bed, I was thinking "whoah, I ate like a pig!" and then when I really thought about it, I had one square of chocolate afted lunch and dinner was two scones with lemon curd and a glass of milk... hardly a pig out.
Two months ago that wouldn't have been possible, I would have eaten the whole chocolate bar, half of the scones(all six of them), plus meals, plus snacks, see the difference?.

I believe that this is what eventually happens to all of us: first we struggle, we falter, we fail, if we persevere, we get better and better at this, until, eventually, we can't believe what good, healthy eaters we have become and then?, all of it becomes a non-issue, we don't even think about it anymore; all bad eating, all weight gain struggle a faint memory in the past.

Hang in there!, so you've faltered, who cares?.
Pick yourself up, Dust yourself off, Start all over again!.

Writer110

Post by Writer110 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:05 am

Thank you so much everyone for taking such time to respond! :D It really is so helpful.

Well, I have one successful day under my belt so that's something!