Well, THAT's different! (Add yours)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kccc

Well, THAT's different! (Add yours)

Post by kccc » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:42 am

Today I came home from a trip, and wanted an S-day treat.

So I ate 4 Dove Promises (each just a bit larger than a Hershey's Kiss), finishing up a bag in the pantry.

Here's the amazing thing: Today is June 21. I received those Promises for Mother's Day (May 11, I think). While it was a large bag (1.5 lb), I have been sharing generously with the family... and it has still lasted until NOW. (Part of that is that no one else ate them unless I offered because they were "mine," but more it was that I didn't eat them all fast...)

Wow.

In the past, that bag would have been gone in 3 days - and I'd have felt sick all three days, and hated that I had no willpower.

This time, it lasted a while... and I ENJOYED EVERY BITE.

Now, that's a change.

What have you noticed that's a "big change" from "how things used to be"?

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:50 am

Why, yes, just like you, I have a few things that are there, that shouldn't be there: there has been lemon sorbet in the freezer for three weeks, there was a frozen cake dessert that we bought two saturdays ago and just finished tonight, there has been a box of graham crakers in the pantry for about a month, now.
And I noticed that s'mores are far too sweet now, I just don't want them any longer.
Another thing: I don't remember when was the last time I had acid stomach, I was used to pop Tums almost everyday, not anymore.

Betty

Post by Betty » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:08 pm

I have a real weakness for chocolate covered nuts. In the past, I would go through periods when I would buy a bag almost every day.

On Friday (an S day for me) I bought some, poured about a third of them into a bowl, stopped before I was finished (admittedly, this was hard, but I was starting to feel yucky) and threw out the rest.

A bit of a waiste, sure, but I didn't binge, which is still amazing for me on S days.

Betty

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:11 pm

This time, it lasted a while... and I ENJOYED EVERY BITE.

Now, that's a change.
And KCCC what a GREAT CHANGE that is!

My changes, getting my treats during week for S days and not getting into them during the week

and when going through my days and feeling frustrated, bored, rebellious, sad ... WHATEVER :D

asking myself "how am I going to handle this?"
instead of "what am I going to eat?"

Ditching the I am sugar addict and "powerless over food mentality" and

OF COURSE ENJOYING MY S DAYS,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

irish

Post by irish » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 pm

KCCC, I too, just finished off some Mother's Day candy - and I left it sitting on the buffet the whole time! It's truly amazing. And now, this past weekend was a good one for me. I never would have believed, two and a half months ago, that this would ever happen. I just wish I could convince all overweight people to try this.

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:12 pm

blueskighs wrote:
and when going through my days and feeling frustrated, bored, rebellious, sad ... WHATEVER :D

asking myself "how am I going to handle this?"
instead of "what am I going to eat?"
That's a HUGE, life-changing one, Blueskighs!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:41 am

That's a HUGE, life-changing one, Blueskighs!
yes KCCC it kind of is,
amazing how its making me much more "productive" these days .. who knew...
Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey