No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

schnooli

Post by schnooli » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:07 pm

I started a little over 2 weeks ago, I lost 4 lbs. snacks are my problems. It is getting easier to not have any though. I hope soon I won't have to think about them anymore
French lady from CA

Joelle

Post by Joelle » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:04 am

Hi schnooli. I'm new, too. This is my 1st week. I used to snack all day but I'm realizing that the snacking was totally emotional, not hunger. Now when I have a strong craving for a certain snack, I try to work it into my next meal. I find the whole No S thing works for me because I don't have to say "Never" to any food, just "Not yet." I can live with that. Congrats on your success. :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:12 am

schnooli and Joelle,

WELCOME.

I think it all gets easier over time, the whole rhythm of it all just kind of takes over and you don't have to think about it for the most part,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:26 pm

Welcome, schnooli and Joelle!

It keeps getting easier, and the stricter you are, the faster it goes. It's just like training a dog. Be loving but FIRM.

Best,

Reinhard

whitster

new too!

Post by whitster » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:46 pm

I am new too! I have been doing NoS for three weeks - the hardest thing for me is how slowly the weight comes off! But once it's off, it's gone and I think this is the most humane and reasonable/workable plan I have ever heard of!! I love hearing about others' successes. :wink:
Keep your eyes on the prize!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:24 pm

whitster,

WELCOME!

Blueskighs

mel1974c

Newbie too

Post by mel1974c » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:51 pm

Hello, I just started yesterday so I am really new to this. I completed the book yesterday and the system makes so much sense, and for the first time, I am really excited to do this. I am excited to change my eating habits and start a new lifestyle. I struggle with snacking out of boredom so that will be my biggest challenge.

Ideally, I would like to lose 20 or so pounds, and look fabulous in my wedding dress (which I will hopefully be wearing in the next 10 months - no date set yet). I am really enjoying reading the boards and know you will all be a great encouragement.

Thanks in advance,
mel1974c
:)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:22 pm

I completed the book yesterday and the system makes so much sense, and for the first time, I am really excited to do this.
mel1974c,

WELCOME!

that was how I felt when I finished the book. No S is great and ten months is a good amount of time to really "get HABIT" under your belt and make some significant changes before your wedding day!

I thought the book was really inspiring and it really encouraged me to start out and stay STRICT. That has been a huge help for me,

Blueskighs