The Book

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

The Book

Post by Over43 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:40 pm

The No S Diet book arrived at my dwelling last weekend. And I have had a good time reading through it.

All the points presented are valid. First and foremost (probably) the scientific nutritional community has made dieting way to complicated. And many are entrenched in their dogma. For instance the other day I was telling someone about No S. I gave them the first three principles: no seconds, no snacks, no sweets. "But you have to eat 6 meals a day!" this person replied. Why? better metabolism they claimed. OK.

The book is good.

O43
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

vcanfield

Happy with the book too

Post by vcanfield » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:19 am

I am very happy with the book. It answers questions like how to deal with soup, what is considered a sweet and overall why this should work. I was very happy with the answers and glad I did not have to spend a lifetime searching the boards. It is a great primer.