Glad to be here

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Deedee

Glad to be here

Post by Deedee » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 pm

Back in the day, when I was 15 years old - I devised at 3-a-day plan that helped me lose 15 pounds before I started high school. It was so much simpler than the complicated diets I found in Seventeen Magazine and it worked.

I never did regain those 15 (well, I did, but not until much later). I was pleasantly surprised when I came across the NO-S plan. It was so similar to what I had been doing years ago.

Well, here I am now - on the other side of 40 -about 10 to 15 pounds over my ideal and am now going to back what to I learned (but forgot) many years ago.

It's week two and I am loving the freedom! I don't have a problem with the snacks, or the sweets or the seconds - the biggest obstacle I had was The Guilt!

On Friday, I had a Kid's Chicken Strip basket from DQ. I cannot remember the last time, I actually ordered any fast food item. And here I was with everyone and God as my witness - going to DQ for my lunch! I took it home and put it on a plate nicely with fruit to balance it and you know what - it's the best meal I had this year!

Normally, pre-NO-S, I had a nasty bad habit of feeling guilty about what I ate - (here I am overweight, how dare I enjoy this meal. I think I'm full, I should leave some food behind yadada etc.).

Now, I am really truly enjoying food, the beginning, the middle and the end of the meal. All the other food tricks fall to the wayside.

I hope to report back with some loss - but even if I never lost a pound - I have found my true self from years ago.

D

mel1974c

Post by mel1974c » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:24 pm

welcome to the boards Deedee! Enjoy the freedom.

Melissa

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:16 pm

DeeDee

yes WELCOME!

oy the words "seventeen magazine" sent shudders up and down my spine ... think that is where I found my first diet and unlike you ... i tried it ... oh well,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey