I'm a Beginner with a LONG way to go....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

thephatsister

I'm a Beginner with a LONG way to go....

Post by thephatsister » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:05 am

So I am starting out on the NO S diet first thing tomorrow. I have been struggling with my weight since I have become a Mommy. 6 years and 2 beautiful babies later I weigh as much as I did the day my first baby was born. That is unexcusable. I am hoping to lose at least 35 lbs. by next August. I can stand to lose much more but feel that is a reasonable goal to begin with. I am the 4th child of 5 and I am the only one of all grown children who has a weight problem. I have an older sister and a younger sister both who are skinny, hence the username "thephatsister" I am currently the fat sister but I will be the phat sister come August. I have never had a super strong urgency to lose the weight and have just gone with it for so long but I just can't take it anymore. I have promised myself that this is it. I hope to become a success story and I believe that this site will take me there.... Today I am weighing in at 230. Wish me luck. So long Two-ton-town, hello one-derville!!
The Phat Sister, that's phat not fat!!

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:01 pm

Hi there! Welcome to the forum & welcome to a great plan. I'm on Day 72 and loving this! I'm absolutely convinced this is the plan to end all diets. The first few weeks are not easy, but nothing worthwhile is, I suppose. I still have difficult days, but I'm trying to accomplish one at a time...and I'm determined to end this self-defeating cycle of diets & discouragement. This plan is the best!!!

Welcome again...janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

Merry

Re: I'm a Beginner with a LONG way to go....

Post by Merry » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:49 pm

Welcome! I hope this all goes well for you! I have a long way to go too! But I'm trying to focus on relearning good habits rather than my waistline, and doing what I know is healthy for me (exercise and not eating junk every day is healthy after all!). Keep posting!

Merry :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

3aday

Post by 3aday » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:29 pm

You can do this!
My tips?
Accept yourself where you are right now.
Love yourself and think you are ABSOLUTELY beautiful right now at the weight you are.
I believe you were fearfully and wonderfully made.
Then....focus on the good NO S habits.
Throw in a little movement throughout the day.....
Then months (a good six months) later, you will be smaller!
But, I bet you will have more peace of mind about your good habits then about your weight!

thephatsister

Post by thephatsister » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:18 am

Thanks for all of the postivie and encouraging comments posted. I resisted my old habits several times throughout today, Day 1. I even had a neighbor comment "what world are you dieting on?" She didn't mean for it to hurt but after hearing those type of comments I am out to prove myself to her and to all of the others who don't believe in me, including myself. Ha! Thanks for keeping it positive and I will look to this site to keep me going.
The Phat Sister, that's phat not fat!!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:09 am

thephatsister wrote:Thanks for all of the postivie and encouraging comments posted. I resisted my old habits several times throughout today, Day 1. I even had a neighbor comment "what world are you dieting on?" She didn't mean for it to hurt but after hearing those type of comments I am out to prove myself to her and to all of the others who don't believe in me, including myself. Ha! Thanks for keeping it positive and I will look to this site to keep me going.
You might resist telling anyone what you're doing. Several of us have done that. It's really none of their business anyway -- unless you want it to be.

Yesterday I was thinking about what people did to lose weight before there were a gazillion gurus to tell them what to do (and confuse them!). Well, to be honest, if you look at pictures of your relatives from the 1960s and earlier, not many needed to lose weight. Maybe a few pounds, but nothing like many of us are facing now.

But if they did need to lose weight, they ate less, they didn't snack and they cut down on sweets. They didn't expect it to happen overnight. The more active you were, the more you could eat. Simple -- and it works.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."