Radical Fad Diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Radical Fad Diet

Post by wosnes » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:19 am

I was watching Jeopardy this evening and one of the contestants had lost 75 lbs by following a radical, fad diet of his own devising: eating less, eating better and exercising.

Imagine!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

thephatsister

Post by thephatsister » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:26 am

What a concept!! If it were only that easy.
The Phat Sister, that's phat not fat!!

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:37 am

What a ridiculous plan. If he didn't weigh every bite, count every fat gram, and eat straw twelve times a week, he couldn't have lost weight. I think he was lying....what kind of people do they let on Jeopardy these days anyway?

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

oolala53

unbeatable formula

Post by oolala53 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:59 pm

A few years ago I took off 20 lbs. using WW to monitor, but basically I was doing something similar to NO S. (I never got into all the discussions on lowfat this and non-sugar that and dipping my fork in salad dressing instead of putting the dressing on my salad, etc.) My physician's assistant was praising me and asked what I did. "Ate less and exercised more," I answered. "You're so funny," she said. Truth is I did lots of little things with my meals. I know No S is pretty simple, but the weight losers here would probably have to admit that over a period of time, they are putting thought into just what their three plates were filled with and/or on observing their hunger and satiation. That's okay; it's a relatively natural way of monitoring, and the one I'm counting on in the long run.

:)
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)