In the News...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

In the News...

Post by wosnes » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:05 am

The first link is mostly concerned with childhood obesity, but it applies to adults as well.

10 Things the Food Industry Doesn't Want You to Know
http://health.usnews.com/articles/healt ... -know.html

10 Secrets of the Effortlessly Thin
http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/slide ... &GT1=31036

There are exceptions to all of these. I was "effortlessly thin" until about 10 years ago. I've never kept track of my weight. I rarely ate breakfast until a few years ago (so I always skipped a meal). I've always walked for exercise, but definitely moved more during the course of the day until recently. I would attribute my entire weight gain to less movement.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:56 pm

Interesting articles. Thanks for posting them Wosnes.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:18 pm

wosnes,

love the "10 secets of effortlessly thin" ...

i gained weight when I went to high school in 10th grade, albeit my eating habits were atrocious from the time I was 4 1/2 but it didn't "catch up" with me until i stopped taking the long walk every week day to my junior high school, you know in high school i started to drive ... my weight shot up that year and up until NO S i have mostly been dieting or binging ever since! GLAD THAT'S FINALLY ALL OVER! :D

I love when we go to Europe and walk walk walk! Part of the reason my husband and I both love our local Starbucks it's very enjoyable 10 minute stroll both ways ... it gives us that nice feeling of not having to always get in out car,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey