So what do you do to get back on track?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Merry

So what do you do to get back on track?

Post by Merry » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:28 am

I've had 3 red days in the last 2 weeks! :shock: I've been busier, which I think makes me snackier, LOL! But...I've really got to get back on track & am struggling to want to! So, what helps you get back on track when you've been "off?" :?:

Merry :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:51 pm

- Planning extra-nice meals, that I look forward to
- Drinking enough - grabbing hot tea or something instead of a snack.
- Attending to other health habits (I often use food as a substitute for sleep/exercise)
- Limiting my focus. I can get back on track with No-S, but I can't do that and take up a new language and start a new exercise program and... and... and...
- Figuring out "triggers" and coming up with an advance plan.

Good luck! You've identified the problem, and that's the first step.

veggirl1964

Post by veggirl1964 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:42 pm

Well, this is only my 3rd week, but I find that when I want to snack, it is because I am either doing nothing or pretending to do something while really procrastinating. Either way, going out to take a walk gives me something to do and gets me further from the food with each step. And, if I have books on tape or podcasts plugged into my head, I usually totally forget about the food.

gingercake

Post by gingercake » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:46 pm

Start with a nice big breakfast - don't skimp. Make sure breakfast has fat. Eat plenty at all your meals so that snacks seem less appealing, but for me, breakfast is the key meal to get right if I want my whole day to be easier.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:41 pm

Habitcal!

Reinhard

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:01 pm

- Planning extra-nice meals, that I look forward to
- Drinking enough - grabbing hot tea or something instead of a snack.
- Attending to other health habits (I often use food as a substitute for sleep/exercise)
- Limiting my focus. I can get back on track with No-S, but I can't do that and take up a new language and start a new exercise program and... and... and...
- Figuring out "triggers" and coming up with an advance plan.
Just wanted to "ditto" KCCC's post.

Planning extra nice meals/foods I really love ALWAYS helps me when I am running "thin" with will power to stick to habit

Drinking enough - especially water is amazing, because in the past I have definitely had the bad habit of reaching for food when I was really just thirsty

Getting enough sleep is huge for me. I really try to make it a point to get enough sleep and if I don't I try to make up as I can on weekends

Simplifying things is huge and especially helpful in today's world

and, taking a little time to figure out the triggers is very helpful,

oh and of course Habitcal is a great visually motivation tool!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey