I'm new here...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NC Lily

I'm new here...

Post by NC Lily » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:21 pm

and just wanted to say "Hello." I'm started the No S diet this past Monday and I feel like I'm un-doing all my great work this weekend. I know, I know, I'm should expect a couple of weekends up front where I take things a bit too far, but I'm just wondering two things:

1) Since women have a harder time losing weight than men, should we go with a lighter version of S days, such as, one treat each S day?

And...

2) Friday night is one of the most social, food-oriented nights in my family. Since the S days essentially span six meals, couldn't I start at Friday dinner and end after Sunday lunch? I think that would keep me from failing.

Your thoughts are most appreciated.

Lily

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:54 pm

I'm a short, older female and I feel your pain on the slow weight loss thing.

After a lifetime of battling my weight and struggling, in my case, I really believe that more important than yet another cycle of losing a lot of weight and gaining it back (I have lost and gained literally hundreds of pounds in my life), that ingraining moderate eating habits is the most important thing. In theory, I'll live a long time yet. If it takes five years to get to an ideal weight, it'll take five years. If I have a habit over five years, I'll stop the yo-yoing.

I do not put extra restrictions on my S days. Though I do try to make very sure I at least eat a proper breakfast. It helps contain by starting the day off with good habits.

Some people do change around their S-days and others don't. It's your life, but I do strongly advise that whatever the rule is, make it discrete and clear. I know in Jewish culture Sabbath runs from sundown to sundown, which is pretty darn clear. If it's clear and consistent, it reflects the principles of No S. Personally, I go as "vanilla No S" as possible, as it seems to be the best for me for habit-building.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi NC Lily,

Welcome to the plan and to the forum! I've been doing No S for about 3 1/2 months and don't want to go back to a diet again ever. I've tried many of them...but none can change someone from the inside out...except this one.

I always recommend reading the book, if you haven't already done so. It's not a huge investment, but it's full of great information and encouragment. I've read my copy more than a couple of times.

As for dinner Friday to Dinner Sunday, I'm no expert so I don't know if I'm qualified to answer...but a couple thoughts do come to mind.

1) If this will help you start down the road to success, then perhaps that will work. But if you do it, I'd probably suggest setting a time limit to it to see if it's doing what you want it to do....perhaps you can decide you'll do that for a month....then evaluate.

2) If you decide to try going from Friday dinner through Sunday dinner, then be sure that you are not strict about keeping the rules up until dinner & again after on Sunday. If it runs into more than two days, I would have a hard time making sure I didn't extend the freedom of S's beyond the timeframe of dinner on Sunday.

I take my "S" days on Friday & Sunday because we always have dinner with friends on Friday night. But I have to be careful not to have any S's sneak into my Saturdays.

Whatever you decide to do, don't be a stranger here....if you log in from time to time, you'll find a great deal of encouragement....I wouldn't be where I am now without the support of many here on the forum. We'd love to have you join us...

Take care...janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:03 am

My daughter has Friday and Saturday S Days.

Listen to "S Days Gone Wild." A good approach to start is to make sure you have three meals and aren't just eating sweets all day.

Kathleen