Feeling lucky and grateful

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

rose

Feeling lucky and grateful

Post by rose » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:31 pm

This is what I wrote in my checkin today:
"After thinking about the past year I realized it has probably been one of the worst years of my life with daily life issues, health issues and family issues, which also caused some trouble at work. I have been clinging to my eating and morning exercising routines and I am convinced it saved me further problems!"

I feel so lucky that I found this website some 3 years ago and that I was able to make NoS stick on my 2nd attempt nearly two years ago, that the NoS mindset bled into other areas of my life and help me rediscover the value of doing a little of a project everyday, of exercising a little everyday and so on.

So, thank you Reinhard.
(as a more tangible thank you I bought the book a few weeks ago. I'll post an update in the testimonials section during the winter holidays.)
Started NoS Jan 07 at 74.5kg (164 lbs, BMI 26.7)
Stable since Jan 08 at 64kg (141 lbs, BMI 23)
My progress chart

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:10 pm

I have been clinging to my eating and morning exercising routines and I am convinced it saved me further problems!
Rose,

what a great post! It is wonderful how sticking with your habits for eating and exercise have held you in good stead. I am sorry to hear about your rough year.

I think you also make a profound point about learning the value of how effective continuing to plug away a little at a time can be.

Thank you for sharing these thoughts during the holiday season!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:16 pm

Good for you Rose! I feel the same.
Wishing you the best and hope all areas of your life improve in all ways.
Bless,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:44 pm

Dear Rose,

Thank you so much for this post (and your many others!). I'm so happy no-s has made such a difference to you. And as impressive as your adherence to No-s has been under the circumstances, I hope you'll soon be able to practice it in less trying times.

Reinhard