Gratitude to you all!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

KAxelrod

Gratitude to you all!

Post by KAxelrod » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:02 am

I just want to write to express my gratitude to Reinhard, and to all of you posters on this discussion board. I am always impressed by everyone's wisdom, and insight and sensitivity.

My father, who died last year at the age of 90, was obsessed with food, but never controlled by it. He LOVED researching new ethnic restaurants wherever he went. He LOVED trying new foods, and comparing old foods. Once he bought 6 different kinds of vanilla ice cream in the Boston area, and gave us a blind taste test so we could rank them. When we were kids, he took us out for sushi, and dim sum, and Vietnamese food before anyone knew what those things were. He loved being an authority on everything gustatory. He loved sharing his obsession with everyone around him. But, he always ate in moderation. He wasn't controlled by food. He saw me trying all sorts of "diets" to lose weight, and he always questioned "Why don't you just try being moderate?"

NOW, I am learning this new habit of moderation. I wish I could tell him. And, I wish he could meet Reinhard. You are both witty, rational, intelligent men who would enjoy each other.

Anyway, I just want to thank you ALL. NO S is a wonderful way of eating. We are fortunate to currently have a witty, intelligent man in our lives (that would be Reinhard, not my father!). I love reading what everyone writes on these boards. I hope to contribute more, and lurk less.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:59 pm

Ditto! :wink:
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:02 pm

Double ditto!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:50 am

makes the trifecta from me!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:59 pm

Thank you, KAxelrod, for your kind words!

I'm in Cambridge, so I think I know some/most/all of the ice cream shops in your father's taste test well.

And I can certainly ditto the "and to all of you posters on this discussion board..." part!

Reinhard