Here's to NOT waiting for New Years!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kccc

Here's to NOT waiting for New Years!

Post by kccc » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:37 pm

One of the things I love about No-S and this forum is that both are year round. Sure, there are ebbs and flows that match the normal rhythms of the year, but it's GREAT to see people here between two major eating holidays!

So many of my non-No-S friends are planning to start losing weight "in the New Year." My own beloved sister, who desperately needs to lose, is going back to Weight Watchers in the New Year. So she informed us as she ate yet another piece of fudge. Every single person who has mentioned losing weight "next year" has done so as an excuse to pig out NOW.

I recognize that trap, feel sorry for those in it, and am grateful to be out of it myself. And I'm glad to have a lot of people here sharing the day-to-day aspects of No-S. Sure, I'm not always in perfect compliance... but I've learned that I don't need to wait for a New Year, or for Monday, or even for tomorrow to start afresh when I need to. How powerful is that?

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

BuckeyePink

Post by BuckeyePink » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:33 pm

Here, here, KCCC!

Just yesterday, my DH was strongly craving chocolate. He knew if he had eaten it, I would have had a red day. We have an agreement that if one person messes up, then the other person gets a default red day. It helps us stay on track. ;-)
Finally giving up on Dieting!

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:50 pm

Ha!, I love this thread and it's title because that was the decision I took two nights ago.
I gave myself plenty of room to be an idiot and I ate whatever I wanted during most of december and I enjoyed myself inmensely.
I gained weight of course, but, amazingly, not even close to what I have gained other years, certainly not enough to undo what NoS has done for me this year.
But I became tired of the "wantom eating" and yesterday I got back on track with NoS.
My husband asked me why not wait until the first of january to resume NoS and I aswered him "what for?".
I feel calm and in control now and I don't have a resolution to fail at (in?, for?, english eludes me on this) in a couple of weeks.