Egg on my face!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Hungry Girl

Egg on my face!

Post by Hungry Girl » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:43 am

Hi Everyone!

I'm back (with egg on my face) not literally though as I don't like egg!

I went to see my rheumatologist (I have fibromyalgia) today and found I had gained yet another 10lb. The doctor told me that the medication I am on is well know for causing weight gain! Now why would any doctor prescribe medication that makes you gain weight to a woman???? Suffice to say he has taken me off it now and we are trying something else.

This is probably a good time for me to get really serious about No S. I feel like I can't trust doctors any more to get me out of this mess. I have to take charge of my own health, starting with losing some weight.

I think I should change my name from satisfied girl back to Hungry Girl again.
Here we go again!

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:19 am

Hi Hungry Girl

This is the joy of No S and this amazing site, it is easy to get back on plan and you are always welcome.

I am a multiple returner and it always feels so right when I get back on plan and so amazing to be so readily welcomed back here.

Take each day one at a time and before you know it you will have 21 days under your belt and well on your way to mending some of your your health issues.

Hugs
M
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

wosnes

Re: Egg on my face!

Post by wosnes » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Hungry Girl wrote:
I have to take charge of my own health, starting with losing some weight.

I think I should change my name from satisfied girl back to Hungry Girl again.
I think everyone should realize that they are in charge of their health and medical professionals are there to help. As a society we've transferred that responsibility to medical professionals and it's just not their job! I speak both as a consumer of health care and a professional.

I think if you change your name back to Hungry Girl it implies that you have to be hungry to lose weight. Nothing could be further from the truth.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Mimi1970

Post by Mimi1970 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:18 pm

Hey there, welcome back!
I understand where you are coming from with the whole weight gain/medication scenario. I have MS, and my meds can cause the dreaded weight gain as well. Add to the mix a near-constant fatigue and it's no wonder the pounds come a-callin'. Still, that is motivation for folks like us to put some REAL thought into wise food choices. Keep coming back and posting-I have found this forum to be very helpful, smart, open, and understanding. I learn so much from this group. Best of luck!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi *Girl* :wink:
Whatever you call yourself, you are back..
Now stick around and give yourself a big pat on the back for taking back the responsibility for your own health!!
You can do it!!!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Hungry Girl

Post by Hungry Girl » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Thanks everyone!
Here we go again!

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:56 pm

Welcome back. :)

Very glad to see you, and wish you the best.

(As an aside... You know, with other diets, it always seemed like "they only work once." After doing WW or Atkins or something, going BACK on it was harder. With this way of eating, it seems to work BETTER each round. So, I confidently predict that your success this time will be more noticeable because you have a prior foundation to build on. Right? Right!)