Not afraid of hunger now

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MrsPartridge

Not afraid of hunger now

Post by MrsPartridge » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:14 pm

I used to be so afraid of being a bit hungry. Always had to have something in my stomach.

1. If you don't eat enough, your body will go into starvation mode. Not true. What happened to eat less and move more - common sense to lose weight?

2. You don't want to let too much time go by - make sure you eat a small snack every so often. Otherwise you'll overeat at your next meal. Not true for me.

I'm enjoying the empty stomach feel now. It's getting comfortable and I know that my next meal will be that much more delicious as a result.

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Right on, MrsPartridge! Among the many, many things I enjoy about No-S, feeling a bit hungry as I approach my next meal is one of my favorites!

It's completely changed the way I look at meals, and the things that I have to eat. Since meals are now so enjoyable because I'm hungry, I'm more than happy to spend time buying healthy, good-tasting ingredients and spend some time cooking. Never had that "time" before, LOL.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Totally agree with everything you said!!
Great news Mrs P!!!
The stomach is not meant to have food in it all day long.
A little normal hunger is perfectly healthy for us!!
Have a great weekend :)
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Congratulations, MrsPartridge! That's a big milestone.

People think that hunger is this unnatural disease, something that should be avoided altogether. This is not only sad ("appetite is the best sauce," and they're not getting any) but disastrous for weight control (preempting hunger with snacks gives us 90%+ of the increase in caloric consumption since 1977).

With a little training, one can learn to bear -- and enjoy -- a little hunger again.

Reinhard