One year check-in

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mjn

One year check-in

Post by mjn » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:47 pm

I have been doing NoS for a year now and I don't post very often. I have had great sucess with this program, because, it is the first time I have maintained a weight range for this long. I have tried many diets over the years and this one makes absolute sense. It is not even a diet, it is a way of life. I started out at 164, lost down to 152 last summer, and am at 158 today. I know that I gained some back, but believe me, it is alot better than what I have done in the past. I was walking about 5-7 miles a day most of the year, and due to the cold weather here in Iowa this winter, I haven't been walking that much. I am getting back on track with that now. I also quit a job that I loved this past year, and I put on that weight since I quit. It is stress, boredom, that makes me go crazy and overeat. I normally would have packed on alot more weight, but this has kept me in better control. Anyway, don't give up on this, it can work if you let it. I am looking forward to this year and NoSing.

winnie96

Re: One year check-in

Post by winnie96 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:13 am

mjn wrote:It is stress, boredom, that makes me go crazy and overeat. ... I am looking forward to this year and NoSing.
Your story is very impressive! To stick to No-S despite the job turmoil is a major accomplishment. And I just love that you are looking forward to another year of NoSing. I'm almost 6 months in to my No-S journey, and it is very reassuring to hear from someone who has found this kind of success and sustained it over the course of 365 days. Thank you for sharing and providing inspiration.

And I know the Iowa weather will be improving so that you can get out walking regularly again, and I have every confidence that you will soon find activities that repel stress and boredom.

Best wishes,
Winnie

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:11 pm

mjn,

Congratulations and thank you for letting us know!

This is absolutely "testimonials" thread worthy, by the way.

Stunning drops can be attained with almost any diet but the hard part is just what you've been accomplishing:
it is the first time I have maintained a weight range for this long.

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi mjn :)
I'm glad to hear you have kept off weight and not gained much back during a tough time. Believe me, I totally agree, anyone in that situation could have easily packed on three times as much weight.
Here's to more walking for us both.
I'm gonna go buy some new socks for my new boots so I can start doing it too.. I'm so used to walking in sandals, but somehow, February in NY isn't really sandal friendly yet! :wink:
You are really an inspiration to me!!
Great to hear from you and yes, stick with it!
Love,
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Anne

Re: One year check-in

Post by Anne » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:59 pm

mjn wrote:It is stress, boredom, that makes me go crazy and overeat.
Hi mjn, I could have written the exact same sentence! I hope I can be where you are after one year of NoS. Thank you.