6 week check in

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mrs. H

6 week check in

Post by Mrs. H » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:01 am

Tomorrow, I will complete 6 weeks of the NO S diet. I was planning on weighing but have decided to postpone a bit longer. I am not feeling any changes yet in my clothing and I don't want to get discouraged if the scale does not show a loss.

I have been following the rules very strictly. I don't feel I am ready for any modifications. I have now begun to reduce my portion sizes at my meal times with no noticeable increase in hunger. I still struggle from 5:00 pm until dinner (about 6:30) but have been able to manage the hunger with a large glass of diet 7-up mixed with 2 oz of light cranberry juice.

I am no longer binge eat on the weekends. It is nothing to go 4 or 5 hours now with little or no hunger. I am surprised how quickly my body has retrained itself. The craving for sweets is mostly gone now. I had one tough day when a coworker brought her famous apple cake to work. Oh, how I love her apple cake with a cup of coffee in the morning! Anyway, I resisted, but it was so difficult.

To all of you who are just starting out. Be patient. My first 3 weeks were really difficult, but I can tell you from experience it does get easier.

Too solid flesh

Re: 6 week check in

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:04 pm

Mrs. H wrote:I had one tough day when a coworker brought her famous apple cake to work. Oh, how I love her apple cake with a cup of coffee in the morning! Anyway, I resisted, but it was so difficult.
Congratulations on your six week success! The beginning is the hardest bit, so you are well on your way.

On rare occasions when there is a really delectable home-made goodie on offer at work or at home, I take a piece "for later" and put it in the freezer for the weekend. Nobody seems to mind this, and I have the pleasure of anticipation as well as enjoying the goodie.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Congrats!!! It sounds like you are doing well.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your experience. A lot of people start out very anxious about "sugar cravings" and bingeing on weekends. It's great to see more evidence that these can subside quickly.