Cacao nibs for N-day chocolate fix

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

Cacao nibs for N-day chocolate fix

Post by reinhard » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:51 pm

I am emphatically not one to obsess over this (sweet chocolate on S-days seems totally sufficient to me), but I recently got a pack of "cacao nibs" to mix into my optimized oatmeal and am finding them surprisingly good. No sugar (though plenty of fat) and loads of (overhyped, in my opinion) antioxidants. If you're a struggling chocoholic who isn't actually a misdiagnosed sugar addict (are there such people?), this might do the trick for you. At the very least, it's adds a little more variety for fellow practitioners of the "optimize your oatmeal" intelligent dietary default.

Looks like I'm not the only No-esser to have thought of this:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... nibs#46067

Reinhard

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:20 am

I've recently discovered another oatmeal variation, mixing in a teaspoon of carob powder, which tastes kind of chocolatey but naturally sweet so you don't need sugar. It's not sweet in a sugary way but in a more subtle dark chocolate kind of way. I know many people have an aversion to carob as being an inferior "fake chocolate" but I think it is nice if you enjoy it in it's own right and don't try to kid yourself that it's chocolate ;)