No S diet is my recession/depression gift to myself.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

janmarie

No S diet is my recession/depression gift to myself.

Post by janmarie » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:33 pm

When this recession hit I was so anxious and depressed. It's hitting my husband and I, not as badly as it is some but anyway I was feeling pretty miserable. About three weeks ago when i read about this diet I thought about what would make me get out of this depression and I realized the one thing that would make me very happy would be to lose weight. For some reason this is working, I am sticking to the No S. Every time I hear bad economic news it's just making me that much stronger and more determined. Odd but true. Have lost 2 pounds in 10 days of weighing myself.
Thanks!
(I am a mid-50's female needing to lose 25 pounds who has never NOT snacked my whole life)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Great job! Yes the news today also makes me quite depressed sometimes, especially when it first hit. I'm glad you're feeling better, though!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

blue

Post by blue » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:42 pm

My husband and I got hit big!!!! He is gaining and sleeping . I'm doing part time work and no s-ing. We have saved money by me not snacking all day :wink:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:17 am

Welcome, Janmarie!

Yes, no-s is very recession friendly :-)

Maybe it'll turn out to be a blessing in disguise if enough of us come out of it with vastly improved habits.

Reinhard

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:29 am

reinhard wrote: Maybe it'll turn out to be a blessing in disguise if enough of us come out of it with vastly improved habits.

Reinhard
Beyond food habits, too! Somewhere I have an article that I clipped from the local newspaper about lifestyle habits of people who lived through the Depression and war years. Most of our habits are a 180° change from theirs (and that's before you take technology into consideration!). Maybe it's time to come full circle.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."