It's Thursday-The first S-Day is near

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NCSunshine

It's Thursday-The first S-Day is near

Post by NCSunshine » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:24 am

I've "one-plated" for 2 weeks and love the sense of freedom it brings. The S-Days however have been another story...when sweets and snacks become ok, they've become the 'rule of the day' and I've undone any weight loss I had achieved. I'm trying to get a strategy in mind for the weekend. Any suggestions?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:41 am

1. Don't worry about it. As time goes by, the urge to overdo on S days will diminish.

2. My favorite treat is sweets, especially cookies. I don't buy a bag of Oreos or Chips Ahoy to eat on S days. I make or buy the best cookies I can.

3. Don't consume your treats while doing anything else -- not while driving or watching TV. Sit down and enjoy them. Be mindful when eating them.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:46 am

I notice a very weird psychology with me and No-S. It's like, I wake up on Saturday morning and instantly I feel "where my sweets and snacks at???" So... I am planning on something special. I have been craving a Shamrock Shake from McDonalds, so I may have one of those on Saturday, plus my 3 usual meals. And on Sunday I think I'll allow for one treat. I'm going to skip snacks, though, and try to avoid seconds. You don't want to put too much restriction on yourself, because this is supposed to be your treat day, but you don't want to eat too many calories because then you'll stall or gain weight. It's confusing... So I personally suggest planning something that you REALLY want that is satisfying as a sweet and having very modest snacks (maybe 2 small ones?) and seconds.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

VintageGeek

Post by VintageGeek » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:58 pm

I like wosnes's #2. Making sure the sweets are high quality will probably make this experience a whole lot better. I like experiences myself - I'm thinking about going to this awesome bakery down the street from my house (an opportunity for walking) for breakfast on Saturday. And actually, I think that will set me for the day. Hopefully.
8-bit is still awesome.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Have you seen/listened to this podcast?

http://everydaysystems.com/podcast/episode.php?id=34

Good luck! (and enjoy!)

Reinhard

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:39 pm

That's a really good podcast. Also check out the sticky thread (above) based on it.