Very silly

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

JoyceC

Very silly

Post by JoyceC » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:33 pm

I had a very silly and giggly day and I just realized that it may be because I am feeling a sense of relief.
I was laughing so hard during lunch at work that I was crying and it was infectious to others.
I just realized that not having to obsess about eating has taken a weight off of me and I feel happy. now I have only been trying No S for a few weeks but I have tried very hard to follow the 3 rules and not complicate things.
I like to laugh. I watch lots of funny TV programs, prefer funny movies and I read humorous books like David Sedaris.
I know feelings change all of the time but I actually feel enjoyment trying to follow No S and I guess it is spilling into how I feel generally.
What really set me off for some reason today was among other silly things, thinking about the Seinfeld episode where Elaine and others were being catty. There is a small part where her boss Mr. Petersen (sp.?) says "Woff!" and Elaine retorts with "You mean reer hiss?!" I don't know why that struck me so funny. He usually doesn't have a clue. :lol:
Since i was laughing others started laughing because I was laughing! It was fun.
It is nice to feel a sense of relief. :D
"A pizza box is not a plate!" E. Reinhard

marleah

Post by marleah » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Good for you! It is really nice to not have to worry about eating/snacking/feeling guilty! I'm glad that you are experiencing joy.

Hmm ... maybe a HabitCal would be good to make sure we all take the time to laugh at least once a day?? :lol:
- vegan grad student -
- 5'2" starting at 140-145 in March 2009 -
- S-Days Saturday and Sunday -

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:51 am

Laughing Rocks!!
I try to crack myself up at least five times a day :mrgreen:
Was just watching Benny Hill now..
More laughing..
LOL
Good for you!
Glad you are feeling relief!!
8) Debs
Last edited by gratefuldeb67 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:53 am

ps.. Seinfeld is definitely one of my fave shows!
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:27 pm

Seinfeld actually uses something very like the habitcal:

http://lifehacker.com/software/motivati ... 281626.php

Seinfeldian (or Elainian, to be precise) question for those pondering whether or not an occasion provides sufficient grounds to take a special day: "Is it S-worthy?"

Reinhard

la_loser

Master of Our Domain!

Post by la_loser » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:44 pm

That's just perfect and too funny. . . Guess as long as we stay on habit we can each say:

"I am still the master of my domain!"
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

JoyceC

Post by JoyceC » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:27 pm

After reading the link I noticed that he was also basically saying that trying to do something all at once doesn't always work. It's like deciding one day that you are going to excercize full blast for 2 hours and then be so tired you can't work up the nerve to do it again. Having a visual and seeing that you are doing a little each day can help you keep going better.

I like that: "Is it S worthy?" Yes, I really think that would be delicious. No, it's not worth it. Too bad.
:wink:
"A pizza box is not a plate!" E. Reinhard