New here..Coffee and oatmeal questions..

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

shannon21

New here..Coffee and oatmeal questions..

Post by shannon21 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Ive found that a coffee with 1pkt sugar (or splenda..but I have no problem with sugar), cinnamon, and a tbsp or two of heavy cream (I have no problem with half and half..just what I have on hand at this time) seems to finish off my meal. It seems like it would be okay doing 2x/day right after meals..

But would this be okay to do as an evening drink? After reading the book, I seem to get that impression...

I drink coffee 2x/day.

Now for oatmeal... I eat the old-fashioned kind and after I nuke it, the bowl is 3/4 full of oatmeal.. I then slice a small banana and 4 strawberries on top..adding about 5 walnut halves and a 2 tsps of honey... I probably put in a cup or a bit more than that of oatmeal...
It keeps me going til lunch.. this portion should be okay right? The recommended serving, I believe, is a 1/2 cup.

Im 28 weeks pregnant, eating this way so I dont gain over 35 pounds, and ALMOST WANT 4 meals per day... I am drinking that 1/8 juice/7/8 water combo daily..it seems to help with cravings. This is my 2nd full week, and Ive found that last Thursday turned into an S day at 8pm and last night turned into an S day at 8pm. But all in all, so far so good.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:45 pm

when I was pregnant I was pretty much starving all the time, at least during the first trimester -- it calmed down after that. I think you shouldn't worry too much about sticking to three meals -- maybe add a midmorning or midafternoon meal? You really want to get enough to eat when your body is doing all that work.

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:47 pm

What you're doing sounds fine to me.

However, if you're pregnant, there is NOTHING WRONG with four meals. In fact, even for the non-pregnant, there's no set number of meals. Though most people seem to default to three, some do four and use slightly smaller plates.

The goal is to make each meal PLANNED, and not graze all day. Then you naturally pay more attention to what you eat.

(And, of course, growing a healthy baby takes precedence over No-S rules, so bend them as you need to right now! Sounds like you're focusing on "healthy food," which is a good start, but if you need more to eat, don't worry too much. Of course, I may be projecting from my own pregnancy, in which snacks seemed absolutely necessary... :) )