No Ess : The Devotional

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

brotherjohn

No Ess : The Devotional

Post by brotherjohn » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:03 pm

One of that hats that I wear is as the Sunday devotional writer for a web magazine that is published from northern part of the state of Arkansas. (I was born and raised in Stuttgart, Arkansas, "The Rice and Duck Capital of the World" and the home of the International Duck Calling Contest. No joke.) The webzine I write for is a online magazine for women called "The NorthWest Arkansas Mother Lode". One of the editors and major contributors is a dear friend that I grew up with, Gwen Rockwood.

I'm not a famous writer, and I write for love, not money, but my column has become a important part of my life. Gwen is a stay-at-home mother with three children, and is building the website into a source of income. The thrust of my column is always religion in daily life.

This week's column (April 5, 2009) has my plug for the No-S diet and for Reinhard (our fearless leader). I hope you'll give it a visit! The URL www.countrypreacherdad.com refers you to my part of the website. (Gwen said she was buying me my own URL so that my friends wouldn't have to wade through all of the "estrogen-tinged" parts to get what they were looking for! :lol: )

I am finding that No-S is good for body, for soul, and splashes over into so many areas of life in such good ways. I'm sure I'll write of it on a Sunday again, and I'll give you the "head up" in case your interested in seeing it.

blessings,

John
"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." --St. Paul

Read my free weekly devotional rural adventures at:

www.countrypreacherdad.com

noni

Post by noni » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:44 am

I do believe our fearless leader will be grateful for the plug!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:20 am

Good job, Brother John! I think Reinhard will appreciate the plug.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

MysteryLover

Post by MysteryLover » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:21 pm

I absolutely loved your article. I will be sending this link to a friend of mine. You did a terrific job of summing up No S and your experience with it. Thanks for sharing!
--Gina (a.k.a MysteryLover)
03/01/2017: 195.2
Current: 174.6
Goal: 145.0

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Brother John,

Thank you so much for this wonderful article!

Much as I esteem your Cardiologist, St. Paul's blessing tops even that :-)

Reinhard