Finding a balance (reading too many other diet books)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

Finding a balance (reading too many other diet books)

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:36 pm

My hubby is on the Zone diet (he does NOT need it, he's trim enough and very muscular). Meanwhile I sit at 225lbs. Ugh.

I've been reading the Zone and Paleo Diet and most recently, Carbohydrate Addicts Diet and I try really hard to stick with it, but dang, it means cooking 2 separate meals for me (dh is in Bahrain now) and the kids, because they won't eat the vegetables. Though, some of the books make sense some of the time to me.

I've come to the conclusion that noS really is the ONLY diet that is smart and sensible in todays day/age.

So anyway, recommitting to noS again, although I did have a mostly green week last week and I think, didn't treat myself well enough on Sat/Sunday. Led to yesterday giving in and having some o\f my mom's german choc. cake! :( Ah well.

In that one mostly successful week, though, I went from 227 to 225, so it can't all be that bad. :)

Thanks for listening, and tell me to stop reading all those other diet books!!
Yeesh.
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi Tiffani,

I've been doing no-S since Jan 28. At the time, I was low-carbing (vegs and protein at all meals) and kept doing that for a while, with no snacks except on weekends (macadamia nuts or other low-carb fare). Then I took a break from low-carbing to see if no-S would enable me to maintain my loss from that. It has, but I notice that on N days I'm eating mostly protein and vegs at lunch and dinner (I add noodles, rice, or corn for my 11-year-old at dinner), unless I'm going out or it's pizza night. At breakfast, oatmeal or cereal. It's working pretty well, though slower weight loss than low-carbing.
Last edited by guadopt1997 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:41 pm

Stop Reading all the other Diet Books!!!

There, told you what you wanted to hear.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:17 am

wosnes wrote:Stop Reading all the other Diet Books!!!

Yep. That. You have enough on your figurative plate without having to pile on di*t stuff on top of that.

(censored because it's a four letter word and since you have small kids, we don't want them to be traumatized if they read over your shoulder)

And with your two pound loss it sounds like you have enough on your literal plates too. Well done!