banana cream pie

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

noni

banana cream pie

Post by noni » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:45 pm

Yeah, I knew that would get your attention. I made one of those over the weekend and there were leftovers. Now, I was determined not to eat any come Monday and since my daughter was going to make it for our monthly get together in a couple weeks it was resistable.

But come Monday, I awoke with a sore throat and generally did not feel up to par. But I wasn't so sick that I couldn't do shovelglove albeit a pathetic version of it (which I don't recommend!).

All I could think about is that cool creamy pie on my throat. I had one piece in place of a regular dinner since dinner looked like some hard swallowing.

I know we're allowed Sick days but I couldn't imagine previously why anyone would eat seconds or sweets (snacks-yes) when they were sick but once again I'd been rebuked from above for judging a situation.

My question is, did I use this as an excuse to eat my pie and mark it red? Or is this a legitimate yellow and be thankful for my sore throat :)

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:12 am

As far as I'm concerned, if you're too weak to move properly, you're sick.

Usually when I'm sick (my main criterion is that if I'd rather be at work, I'm ill enough to be at home), I don't want to eat. When I'm improving again, however, I tend to need to make up the deficit from the previous days.

Sometimes the body want something and it's usually pretty good at telling you what that is, if you listen.

Mmm, pie.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:11 pm

I admit I'm very new at this (Day 2, lol) but I say make it a yellow day. When you're sick and your body's asking for something, you should have it. I remember once when I was about 14, I'd had a stomach virus for several days. I woke up one morning craving lemon meringue pie - something I almost never ate. My mother actually stopped at the bakery on her way home from work and bought me one. I had a slice for dinner and it was wonderful. She said "If you're ready to eat and that's what your body wants, then eat it." :)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:23 pm

I think you should forgive yourself this one. No big deal! Plus I bet it felt really soothing which is what you needed :)
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

noni

Post by noni » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Thank you kind people, for your reply. I was willing to take this one on the chin but it will be nice to mark it yellow. This will keep the calendar successful this month of April so far. It's nice to have a whole month under my belt underdistrubed by a red mark.