Happy to be on a diet?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

TunaFishKid

Happy to be on a diet?

Post by TunaFishKid » Fri May 01, 2009 12:59 pm

This morning, as I was filling a bowl with Cheerios and whole milk, I sighed and thought, "I'm so happy to be on this diet." And then I laughed, because I have never thought that before, and I've been on a LOT of diets. I may have been enthusiastic and fired up, and excited to think I was going to lose weight, but never happy or relieved. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I also realized last night that I need to get a life. A big, empty space is starting to appear that apparently has always been filled up with worry and guilt about eating. Honestly, it feels like there's more room in my brain. :lol:

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri May 01, 2009 2:23 pm

I know what you mean. It is sorta "freeing" to know that all you have to do is eat three normal meals, drink lots of water and exercise. DUH...Who knew?

I always got up in the mornings, started coffee - grabbed the box of Vanilla Wafers or some other "kinda good for me cookie" and ate about a dozen with my coffee - then maybe a cereal bar "kinda good for me" and more coffee, maybe a few animal crackers "good for me, got keep 'em around for the grandkids", a small glass of "good for me" 2pct milk, etc etc etc

Mind you, this is while I am playing around on the computer, checking email, etc. in the early morning - LONG before I eat my "good for me" breakfast.

I have been so "good", I need to lose 15 pounds.

:lol:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri May 01, 2009 2:24 pm

so so true!...about the first post, not Strawberry's comment ha! We typed at the same time :?
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri May 01, 2009 2:35 pm

WHHAATTT??

Are you saying that you don't eat 1500 calories of "good for you food" before breakfast?

:roll:

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Fri May 01, 2009 3:00 pm

StrawberryRoan wrote:...Mind you, this is while I am playing around on the computer, checking email, etc. in the early morning - LONG before I eat my "good for me" breakfast....
Ah, yes, computer-snacking. I realized as I read your post that, if I weren't NoSing right now, I'd be picking at (euphemism for eating cold straight out of the styrofoam container) my leftovers from the restaurant last night as I type this. I also just realized that my keyboard is going to stay a lot cleaner now, lol, without all the cookie crumbs, salsa, etc.

vmelo

Re: Happy to be on a diet?

Post by vmelo » Fri May 01, 2009 4:16 pm

TunaFishKid wrote:This morning, as I was filling a bowl with Cheerios and whole milk, I sighed and thought, "I'm so happy to be on this diet." And then I laughed, because I have never thought that before, and I've been on a LOT of diets. I may have been enthusiastic and fired up, and excited to think I was going to lose weight, but never happy or relieved. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I also realized last night that I need to get a life. A big, empty space is starting to appear that apparently has always been filled up with worry and guilt about eating. Honestly, it feels like there's more room in my brain. :lol:
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I could have written your post.

Another thing I've noticed is that I'm starting to achieve a more moderate mindset that I never achieved with any other diet. For example, yesterday was a red day for me, and normally when I used to fall of the wagon with other plans, I'd beat myself up and continue to pig out for a few days before I got so disgusted that I'd start back on. However, I realize that by focusing mainly on habits rather than numbers on a scale, that one red day among many green days isn't bad.

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Fri May 01, 2009 5:29 pm

When I had that same feeling of happiness that you describe a few weeks ago, I wondered whether I was happy because I found No-S, or whether I was able to find No-S and incorporate it into my life because I was in a happy stage.

But last night I was NOT happy (about my boss) and I was DISAPPOINTED (about my daughter's schoolwork) and I'm still HAPPY and just plain RELIEVED that I found no-S and that it's so easy.

Liz