N day Question

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

centenniel

N day Question

Post by centenniel » Tue May 26, 2009 3:07 am

I have a hard time eating three solid meals a day and get by just fine on two. Is this acceptable on the No S DIet?

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue May 26, 2009 3:59 am

I'm in the same boat. I actually feel yucky when I have breakfast. I eat a brunch or lunch when I get hungry, then have supper with the family. I used to graze all afternoon, but I'm gaining great new habits doing no S. Up until the end of March, I was constantly snitching food. Then at the end of March, I snitched 2000+ calories of food that I didn't even realize I had. (For details, you can look it up on my daily check in for then) That's when I got serious! I tried to add breakfast and felt yucky and started to gain, so I guess I'm back to skipping it. Many people make modifications (mods) and you can read them under "general discussion". The more you read on here, the better... I've found. I live and learn. Good luck! :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Fumpo

Post by Fumpo » Tue May 26, 2009 11:53 am

Hallo all. First time posting but I thought I might as well weigh in on this one...

I think it says on the main page for No-S that any number of meals is acceptable, the important thing is just not to eat outside of them. I was raised on four (breakfast, lunch, dinner, a light supper before bed), but a quick trial over the last week has shown that I sleep better and wake more alert if I don't eat before bed.

Sorry, I tangented; key point:

Eat as few or as many meals as you like.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue May 26, 2009 11:59 am

I generally eat only two meals. I think everyone automatically assumes that the number of meals should be 3, but there's nothing that says you must eat 3 and not 2 -- or even 4. I think there's also an assumption that if you don't eat breakfast, you're going to want to snack later on in the day. I don't find that to be the case.

More important than the actual number of meals you eat is that whatever you do, you're consistent about it.

Well, anyway...breakfast for me is optional. It's also usually very light. But if I haven't had breakfast by 9:00 AM, I don't eat breakfast.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue May 26, 2009 12:17 pm

Same here, funny how all the experts insist that one must eat breakfast yet we are all seemingly intelligent contributing members of society.

Seemingly being the operative word, of course. :roll:

If I start eating in the early morning, I don't stop.

Since starting the No S plan and giving up snacks (that was my early morning downfall, a handful of Vanilla Wafers while I turned on the computer, a cereal bar with coffee, etc. Mind you, I could eat five hundred calories of "snacks" before I ever thought about breakfast.

Now I don't eat anything before about ten or eleven. Then my meal is breakfast/lunch - think I will coin a new term "brunch". Sure hope nobody has thought of that already.

Then I don't eat again until six or seven.

That's all. Period. No more. Working out great for me.

:)

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Tue May 26, 2009 1:56 pm

I agree that if 2 meals is 'normal' for you, that's what you should do.

When it comes to breakfast, I'm in there with the 'experts': I need to eat my breakfast, and it's medium to big. If i don't, it can ruin my whole day.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue May 26, 2009 5:56 pm

It's certainly allowed -- and some here have had great success with 2 meal no-s.

That being said, I think 3 meals is a safer bet for most people, and it's what I myself do. Besides the statistical correlation between skipping breakfast and being overweight, there's the weight of tradition, which can be a very powerful thing to have working for you (tradition = a habit of society).

So if you really don't miss your third meal, you have my blessing, for what it's worth, to skip it. But be careful. You might just not be admitting to yourself that you miss it.

Best of luck, whatever you decide,

Reinhard

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed May 27, 2009 3:07 am

I kindof like the brunch/supper idea.

I am only just back on the bandwagon here, but the other day was to be a VERY busy one. My MIL had the kids for the day, so I got to all my chores and errands right away. Worked through b'fast (usually I do ok if I don't start eating in the morning) worked through lunch and by 2pm I couldn't stop shaking! LOL Ok, so this obviously is a bad idea, but a person could get by with 2 meals if it works well for them.

Might try it once I get my habits down again.
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Wed May 27, 2009 1:49 pm

I find that I feel totally deprived
any time I don't get to eat Breakfast.

I feel better having a breakfast meal
even if I have a Very Low Calorie Day.
. . . .yes, of course, I'm still counting calories.
:wink:
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com