FOOD vs FUEL

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jenglish

FOOD vs FUEL

Post by jenglish » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:40 am

I do not look at No S as a DIET; I see it as a way to let my body change my eating habits. There are no food restrictions, only NO SECONDS, NO SWEETS, and NO SNACKS on days that DO NOT begin with an S.

In letting my body change my eating habits, I find that I am changing my lifestyle. I find I am getting more in touch with my body regarding food. I am learning more about how I relate to food and how my body needs to relate to food.

This No S diet is giving me the opportunity to let my body tell me when to eat and what to eat. If my body wants grits, sausage, bacon pancakes, it has them, if it wants fried chicken or fish, potato salad macaroni and cheese, it has them, but I am finding that my body does not want that type of food as much as my mind does.

I find that my body wants FUEL and my mind wants FOOD. I really do well on my yogurt, nuts, fruit and whole grain breakfasts. Sometimes, I will have a spinach and feta cheese omelet; I will bake whole grain muffins. I am finding that those types of FOOD are FUEL and if I FUEL my body properly, I am NOT hungry and I DO NOT SNACK.

Sounds funny but the more I get into this, the more this old shell actually tells me, not only when it NEEDS to eat, but what it NEEDS to eat. I look to FUEL, not particularly to FEED. I make healthier food choices. My body lets me know what it needs and I am finding I enjoy the healthier choices I am starting to make.