NO S Diet book in Australia

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bushranger

NO S Diet book in Australia

Post by Bushranger » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:12 am

Hello everyone. I've decided I'm going to purchase the No S Diet book in paperback form here in Australia. I'm going to find places I can get it from and list that information here so all the other Australians who may be interested can benefit. I have decided on a hardcopy because I much prefer to read that way instead of on a computer screen.

Thanks for an inspirational book and system Reinhard.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:51 am

It's always nice when there are aussies. ;-)

I think I heard from an aussie here the other day too.

Welcome, mate(s) from Down under.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds
07/01/2009 : 208.2 pounds
( 8 months / -71.8 pounds )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal : 11/01/2009 : 193.0 pounds ( 1 year / -87.0 pounds )

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:17 am

Hi Marc. Nice to meet you or perhaps G'day mate :lol:

I'll be talking to a few bookstores tomorrow so I'll hopefully have some word about availability and costing soon.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:43 pm

Bushranger,

I've heard from a number of Aussis on the board here and via email (I was even interviewed by an Australian magazine -- "GoodHealth and Medicine", though I'm not sure anything much ever came of it) and though they usually CAN find the book, it isn't as easy as they (or I) would like.

So if you could make some more noise about it, that would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Reinhard

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:54 am

No luck getting the book it seems. The 2 big main book chains here don't carry it and they said there is no stock available in either US or UK so they can't even order it in for me. I'm probably going to have to order it from Amazon US and suck up the shipping cost.

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:52 am

Ok. I finally got a book sorted! What a saga!

First I went to a local Angus & Robertson store. They did not have one and said both their UK and US suppliers were out. They gave me an only site they obviously have a deal with who source "out of print books". Hmmm. Anyway I checked it out and they have No S Diet listed at $46 minimum! No way since Amazon even with the shipping and exchange rate beats that.

I then asked Dymocks and the lady who served said no they can't get it, not at all.

I then asked another Angus & Robertson store across town and the staff girl said they don't have it and suppliers in UK and US are out of stock. She then said she would call them to see when they got it next and call me back. An hour later I get a phone call and she's arranged it in 4-6 weeks for a grand total of $24!!!!

Needless to say it just goes to show how much it comes down to getting a good staff member in most stores. :)

FINAL SUGGESTION: AUSSIES WANTING A PAPERBACK OF THIS BOOK SHOULD GO TO ANGUS & ROBERTSON AND REQUEST THEY CALL SUPPLIERS REGARDING OBTAINING A COPY.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks, Bushranger!

I'm sorry it's so hard to find, but it's good to know the details -- and have an action plan, no less! I very much appreciate your efforts (and anyone else's who gives good old Angus & Robertson a call).

The book is holding up pretty well over here (often in the top 100 of a couple of amazon.com categories) so I don't see why it wouldn't do comparably well down under if it were conveniently available.

Reinhard

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:38 am

No problem Reinhard. It's my pleasure to share my experience and I hope it will make it all the more easier for other Aussies trying to get a hardcopy of the book.

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:56 am

Great news! My paperback copy of "The No S Diet" arrived today at Angus & Robertson. Needless to say I rushed over and collected it immediately. That's a tad over 3 weeks since the order was placed, earlier then the estimated 4 to 6 weeks. It cost a total of $23.52 inclusive of all shipping and tax. This is a great price and cheaper than any other method (such as Amazon, online Australian bookstores, eBay, etc) I could find of obtaining this book in Australia. The book is in excellent condition and I look forward to reading it. I am very pleased with the entire experience at Angus & Robertson.

I give it a hearty thumbs up.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:54 pm

That's great news! Thank you for your persistence.

I'm not sure if it's as a result of your efforts alone or in conjunction with others, but I see No-s is now listed as being "in stock" and the Angus and Robertson web site. I'll post a link on the home page.

http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/book/n ... s/1448814/

Reinhard

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Wow! You'll really treasure that book! I would after all that! I actually saw one at a thrift shop once and I now kick myself for not picking it up just to have another copy. :wink: What idiot would donate such a treasure? :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:04 am

reinhard wrote:That's great news! Thank you for your persistence.

I'm not sure if it's as a result of your efforts alone or in conjunction with others, but I see No-s is now listed as being "in stock" and the Angus and Robertson web site. I'll post a link on the home page.

http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/book/n ... s/1448814/

Reinhard
That's awesome Reinhard! Hopefully the book can get some real exposure in Australia. If it was on the shelves I'm fairly sure it would do well.