Mid-week Failures

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

oliviamanda

Mid-week Failures

Post by oliviamanda » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:38 pm

I had to mark red for my habit cal for the past 2 days. Yesterday there was a big barbeque at work that I had to help with. There were brownies and cookies, and although I knew better I ate some. All the while knowing I was being bad and it really wasn't worth it because they were not that great. But the thing is I will never buy this stuff, but I had to be around it for a prolonged period. I couldn't just go back to my building and do work, I had to be around it for like 2 hours. Now the leftovers are in my work kitchen. I will not take any more, but it seems my biggest weaknesses are when I can't get away from the sweets.

I know I can see this barbeque as a special occasion, but I'd rather not. I have tons of family birthdays coming up. We had a birthday party the day before and I had some cake... so the other red box on my Habit Cal. : ( I just wish I had more willpower when this stuff is in arms reach.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

amelie

Post by amelie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:05 pm

I had the same problem this week. I coudn't resist the cookies in the office and when I ate one on Wednesday, it was easier to eat one on Thursday. The good thing is before No S, I would've had more than one.

I've been doing No S since February and this is the first slip up on N days. In the beginning I had some wild S days but planning them better seems to help.

Gotta stay away from those cookies during the week! Of course, what made them even more irresistible is they were free; I wouldn't buy them, not on N days anyway.

Mounted Ranger!

Post by Mounted Ranger! » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Ugh! Do you ever have those dreams in which you're running from something or someone and you just give it all you've got and sprint for life's sake and then turn around to look . . . . and he's right there!!!!!

I'm really sorry you have to face this so often. I remeber when I worked outside the home and someone, for some reason, brought doughnuts EVERYDAY! If it wasn't doughnuts it was cookies, or brownies, or . . . it was always something. My issues like that come less often now that I'm a stay at home mom but they do still haunt me. If it were just one bbq that would be one thing, maybe even an S day, but the work place is hard when it comes to right food choices.

I read somewhere, I can't remember if it was the book or site, where someone, either Reinhard or devotee, suggested accepting the brownie, wrapping it up, and taking it home for the S Day. Maybe that will be a good idea for next time.

At any rate, beating yourself up won't help. We like you and if you beat up someone we like, we'll have be stern with you! Also, toughie for me, don't use it as an excuse to just eat brownies till Labor Day and then start over. Start over this second!

You can do this!
Mounted Ranger!
No S-ing, Ranging, and Shovelgloving since 7/7/09