I just had the yummiest lunch!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

buttercreampillow

I just had the yummiest lunch!

Post by buttercreampillow » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Parmesan encrusted sole in lemon butter sauce with spinach orzo at Macaroni Grill. Delicious! I've never been a big fan of Macaroni Grill before, but I could be now.

Anyway, before No S I would have either 1) eaten the sole, but been racked by guilt and castigated myself all the way home for having no willpower, or 2) eaten something I didn't want but perceived to be lower calorie, and been resentful all the way home because I can't eat what I like the way other people can. Either way, I would've ended the lunch on a bad note. The No S way is MUCH better. Thank you, Reinhard!

buttercreampillow
Natural Eater

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:04 pm

Isn't No-S grand?

My daughter and I had much the same experience last night. She's on a "diet" -- and I've been talking up No-S. We went to another Italian chain and she decided to have what she wanted rather than something low in calories. She enjoyed her meal a lot!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:01 pm

Isn't the freedom to enjoy food a delight?

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:25 pm

Just being able to eat a good ol' peanut butter and jelly sandwich if I want without any guilt is good enough for me! :lol:

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Yes, isn't it great? For my lunches, I used to eat a frozen meal and maybe some fruit, so I could stay under 400 calories. Now, I'll eat a full sandwich, some veggies and dip, and a couple of small portions of fruit (as long as it fits on the plate). It's SO much more enjoyable!

buttercreampillow

Post by buttercreampillow » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:51 pm

It IS wonderful! :D This is as close to normal eating as I'll probably ever come, and it's pretty darn close!
Natural Eater

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:47 pm

I just finished a BLT with fresh tomatoes from my garden....YUM! And it tastes so much better without that sidedish of guilt!

Enjoy!!!
janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:38 am

Janie, A BLT sounds SO good! I just may have to copy you. LOL! Except I don't have a garden, so I can't do garden fresh tomatoes. Oh well. :)

buttercreampillow

Post by buttercreampillow » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:49 am

Summer tomatoes make all the heat and sweating of August worthwhile! My favorite thing is Paula Deen's tomato pie--YUM! :D BLT is wonderful, too, or even just sliced tomatoes on white bread with mayo and salt and pepper. OMGosh, I can't wait til morning!!
Natural Eater