Yesterday's failure a no-S success

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

guadopt1997

Yesterday's failure a no-S success

Post by guadopt1997 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:45 pm

Last night my daughter and I were invited, last minute, to come to dinner at a friend's house after soccer practice. I went and brought some cookies, since I can't seem to walk in empty handed.

The dinner was very reasonable: baked chicken (no skin), potatoes, and carrots. I had one reasonable serving. Then the cookies were brought out. I had intended not to have any but ended up having two. Failure, right?

Well, yes...after all, it's a sweet. Not an S day, not even an S event.

But that was it. Went home, went to bed. I did not use "failure" as an excuse to go whole hog (pun intended), like I have on every other diet when I have not stuck to it perfectly. So a success too, I think.

Now if I could just figure out the weekends!

Starla

Post by Starla » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Congratulations! I think this diet is won and lost in those small victories. One of my biggest successes was in my first week of No-S, when I hadn't figured out breakfast yet. I was so hungry before lunch I had a headache. And my reaction was to think "I have to figure out a better breakfast," not "This diet sucks and I can't do it." That was HUGE for me, and I think last night when you realized you didn't have to throw in the towel on an entire day because of some cookies was HUGE for you. It's great that you see this and can be encouraged instead of discouraged.

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:02 pm

Congrats, that is a small food victory but a huge mental victory. With successes like that you are on your way to having your S days work themselves out. Give it time, they really will work out on their own.
Heather

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:24 pm

I have a math teacher friend who always says, "Inch by inch - life's a cinch. Yard by yard, life is hard."
One by one, small victories will get us there...it just takes a little more time.

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:49 pm

The thrill of victory beats the agony of defeat. :)
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."