Weekly check-in - tough week

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

amylpav22

Weekly check-in - tough week

Post by amylpav22 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:52 pm

I decided to do weekly check-ins because daily ones are too much to ask.

Last week was tough. I don't realize how hard it is to change my habits until I tried. I had a day or two that was good - no S's whatsoever; but I had several days where I snacked or ate sweets (for some reason, the no-seconds rule is pretty easy).

So I'm going to go again this week. Had breakfast and am now going to distract myself with housework and getting ready for the new semester.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Sorry it was a tough week, amylpav22. Better luck this week. It does get easier as you build the habit.

lelovelady

Post by lelovelady » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Keep your chin up! It'll get better! I completely understand how hard that first week was ... I hadn't realized exactly how poor my eating habits really were.

I hope that this week will be easier for you. Remember, you didn't get to the place you currently are overnight ... and you won't get to where you want to go overnight either.

Pat yourself on the back for making a solid effort to change your habits and become a healthier you, and give yourself a break if you maybe don't quite get an "A" on your first test. Don't get discouraged. :)

Laura

boogbite

Post by boogbite » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:33 am

it IS hard to change our habits! I just started too, I'm in my second week. i did fairly well on week 1 - there were 2 days that i considered red days because i had a hard time not snacking. for me, seconds is also not as challenging nor are sweets. but those pesky bites here and there... i can see why they all add up.

Have you considered focusing on just sweets or snacks for a week and then if that goes well add in the third one (since you already have 2nds down)? it might help to take small steps.

good luck this week! you can do it.

:D
Start date: 11/25/13
Start weight: 163.2