EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) Tapping

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mimi

EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) Tapping

Post by mimi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:26 am

Does anyone practice or have any experience with tapping to diminish food cravings or deal with emotions?
I recently came across this method and am intrigued by the whole concept. There is all kinds of information, including how-tutorials, out there...but what to use and not use, believe and not believe - that's the question!
I just wondered if it really works and would love to hear about any experiences you might have! If it is a valid technique, it could be a very useful tool for those of us who eat for emotional reasons...
Thanks!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:28 am

I don't have personal experience with it or even know much about it, but my neighbor has a session weekly. She's found it to be very helpful with some emotional issues. I know that she's stopped randomly eating.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Gia

Post by Gia » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:44 pm

It's worked for me with procrastination! With dieting, I haven't had all the luck in the world but it has helped some, i guess!!