Gained what I lost :(

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

leannamcg

Gained what I lost :(

Post by leannamcg » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:34 pm

My first month of No-S, I lost 5.5 pounds...great! Now February is nearing its end, and I've gained 5 back! What's up? I realize I've not been perfect, but I just know I have to be taking in overall fewer calories than before. And yes, I am exercising - I always exercise - that's not my problem. I think the weekends (S-days) are doing me in. Perhaps I need to think of them as days when I can have a special treat if I really want it, not a free-for-all. Anybody else have this experience? I really don't want to give up!

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Don't be discouraged. S days gone wild can really do you in. Maybe you might consider keeping a food journal so you can see the trends in what you are eating and how it affects your weight. I did this and I found out I was eating so much bacon and fries! Good luck to you.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi Leanmc,

I've done two relevant podcast episodes that you might want to listen to/look at if you haven't already:

Put the scale in perspective

S-days gone wild

Reinhard

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:28 pm

I think a food diary is a great idea. You'll then gradually know what the problem actually is. Also keeping your HabitCal with CLEAR greens during N days will definitely help too. Make sure to be ultra strict about that & that only, and for the moment, I would (controversially, perhaps) forget about S days, do what you like with them.

It's early in the process, still. You've got to give it time. Time is the most important thing. And the hardest one to accept. Patience is difficult but SO worth it.
Restarting NoS (after going back & forth over the last 4 years) in November 2013.

GOAL: to lose 10 kilos.
HAVE ACHIEVED SO FAR: 1.6 kilo

leannamcg

setting limits

Post by leannamcg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:18 pm

OK, after another weekend 'gone wild' have decided that I will start limiting my S-days to 'one snack', 'one sweet treat' and 'one second portion' per Sday and see how that goes. Thanks!