two questions for a newbie

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

aGAgirl1

two questions for a newbie

Post by aGAgirl1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:09 am

Hi! Just a couple questions to make sure I stay legal. If I have an olive in a martini is the olive legal or is it a snack? Also I know most starbucks concoctions would be considered a sweet but if I made a cup of hot tea at home with a little milk and sugar is that legal? What about a cup of hot chocolate? Are those drinks a sweet?

Aleria

Post by Aleria » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:06 am

Hi! I'm a newbie too, and here's what I've gathered from around the board:
Tea is definitely okay. A little bit of sugar isn't the problem - it's not No Sugar, it's No Sweets.
For hot chocolate, most people make their own hot cocoa, with some mix of hot water, milk, sugar, cocoa and perhaps cinnamon. I really enjoy this, though it took me a few tries to find my own personal ratio - but it's perfect for supressing chocolate cravings.
Can't help you with the olive thing, I don't drink~
"I'm not here to decorate your world"
Start: January 2010: 160 pounds, 39" waist
During: December 2010: 152 pounds, 33" waist

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 am

Don't worry about the olive.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."