I'm back........!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

drswife

I'm back........!

Post by drswife » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Okay, over a year ago, I tried NoS and got frustrated and quit. I did it straight w/out cheating for about 2 months straight w/ NO weightloss. Well since then I've gained about another 10 lbs which puts me at 197 lbs. At 5'3" that is not a good place for me to be.

I've been a dieter most of my life. I've NEVER eaten normally. My whole family starved themselves, then ate large quantities. We never had set meals so I ended up being a grazer when I wasn't on a stringent diet.

10 yrs ago I was so tired of my crazy eating habits and obsessing about my weight that I threw diets out the window and ate whatever/whenever I wanted. Well I ended up gaining about 55 lbs--not good! I did have 2 kids during that time as well but the constant eating is the real reason.

I realized that when I was on Nos diet it was the only time in my life that I felt like I had a normal relationship w/ food. My hope is to regain that feeling and to hopefully not gain anymore weight. Maybe I'll even lose a bit.

i'm including daily walking and push-ups and sit-ups. I hate going to the gym but love walking so this makes sense. My only concern is that I live in Arizona and soon it'll be too hot to walk even in the early mornings. So I may have to go to the gym and face the dreaded treadmilll. It won't be so bad if I bring my kindle along!

Anyway, i'm going to give this at least 6 months before giving up this time and could really use some encouragement so very happy to be there again.

thank you for listening!

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Welcome back, drswife, it's good to see you again.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Welcome back! :)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Welcome back!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:03 pm

I got Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas. I have several different Wii workout programs and they are awesome. It's fun and there's not excuses about the weather. Plus, it costs less than a gym and you can do running and walking programs, as well as tons of different exercises. Happy to see you are back!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Welcome back!

I came back also a couple of weeks ago (it's my third try, I think) ... I've had more bad days than good, but I come back to read the posts and I find them inspiring. I don't see myself counting calories or points for the rest of my life, I've tried that many many times over the years, and I find that it just makes me think of food more -- and it's never worked for me. I haven't lost weight yet with No-S, but only because I haven't been disciplined enough with it in order for it to become a habit. But I keep coming back because I truly believe that it can work.

Good luck!

connorcream

Post by connorcream » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:25 pm

I remember your posting from the past and hope you find success this time.

Welcome.
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year

buttercreampillow

Post by buttercreampillow » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:20 am

Hello, wife!

I could have written your post. I have also come back after gaining weight, and although I didn't lose (much) on No S, it was the only time I have eaten normally in the last 33 years. (First diet was when I was 12.) Plus, on No S, I have peace of mind about food, something I can't even remember having before.

Also, I really hate going to the gym. Worse, I really don't like any kind of exercise, probably because I've never done it long enough to learn to like it or get good at it.

Good luck with your new start! Keep the faith!
Natural Eater

drswife

Post by drswife » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Thanks everyone!

Buttercreampillow so cool to have someone here who completely relates. I know i have to do this for my girls because I want them to have a good role model of someone who eats regularly & moderately & doesn't binge. I want them to have a positive relationship w/ food and not to mention a happy mommy!

I remember now that eventhough I didn't lose weight on this before (I also didn't gain) just the feeling of having a good relationship w/ food gave me a better relationship w/ my body. So cool how it carries over like that.

I just bought a pedometer and am planning on shooting for 10,000 steps a day! After all these years of trying to force myself to do punishing exercises, walking feels like a wonderful gift to myself! :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Welcome back, drwife! I, too, remember you fondly.

I just released an exercise podcast episode ("14 minutes of ANYTHING') which might be helpful if you want to supplement your walking a bit.

http://everydaysystems.com/podcast/episode.php?id=38

Reinhard

drswife

Post by drswife » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks Reinhard! That'll work nicely w/ my walking! :)