gaining?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

finallyfull

gaining?

Post by finallyfull » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:52 pm

I'm curious from reading through posts about wild S days and huge plates -- this is something I haven't found much on. Has anyone had experience actually gaining weight on Vanilla No S? (I'm NOT talking about those who claim to have "gained" several pounds over a weekend because of the amount of food in their bellies or salt in their body fluids, but sustained increased weight that piles up one pound on top of another regardless of daily fluctuations).

I personally have found that I maintain, but I do watch myself and don't pile my plates to the ceiling. I'm wondering if anyone has "let themselves go" on Vanilla No S and kept basically the same weight for months?

marygrace

Post by marygrace » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:03 pm

I gained a few pounds at one point, but my vanilla NoS eating habits remained the same. I think the culprit was the fact that I stopped exercising. Once I bumped up my physical activity level, the pounds dropped back off.

connorcream

Post by connorcream » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:46 pm

I did try vanilla Nos for well over a year. I have never binged, I don't snack at night, and once I got rid of the snacking in the afternoon (which I am very glad for Nos helping me to achieve) I don't snack at all.

Read my past posts. You will not find my S days to have been wild. It is the only diet I have not been successful with (success measured by weight loss and not some emotional food healing). The diets I have tried in the past are WW twice and South Beach. Both of those times, I kept the scale out and in use. I achieved the weight loss desired.

However, your mileage may vary. And that is the rub, finding what works for you.
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year