Another gimmick diet?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

Another gimmick diet?

Post by Over43 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Came across this on Yahoo! this afternoon?

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis ... milk-diet/

I do enjoy chocolate milk, but???
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Over43

Post by Over43 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:26 pm

I guess that was a bit misleading on my part after getting past the title and actually spending more time reading the article itself. I drink a chocolate milk on occassion without any repercussions.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon May 17, 2010 9:33 pm

I'm kind of surprised to see who that comes from. Did he not watch Jamie's Food Revolution regarding all the sugar in chocolate milk? Why not white milk? Zinzcenko is generally against all the added sugars in the diet.

I think it's another fad -- actually, bs is more like it.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Thu May 20, 2010 6:55 am

Here in Denmark it's recommended to drink 1/2 liter chocolate milk after weight lifting to build muscle instead of those fancy expensive protein shakes and bars.

I don't know about the U.S., but in Europe nutritionists are discovering the benefits of bitter chocolate. Lots of anti-oxidents and health beneficial stuff. But, in small amounts!

A glass of chocolate milk does have fewer calories than a chocolate bar and can satisfy a craving for chocolate. Did I mention that chocolate contains small amounts of caffeine?
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.