Need some inspiration!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

rhi

Need some inspiration!

Post by rhi » Sun May 30, 2010 12:58 am

I am starting the No S plan on Monday. I have tried everything in the past, and this is my last resort. I'm 5'7 and 225 lbs, and am desperate to lose this weight. I need to lose about 75 lbs. I know the weight loss will come slow, but I need to know that it will indeed come. I need some inspirational words of encouragement! Thanks in advance!

Rhi

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun May 30, 2010 2:18 am

Read the website, with special attention to the podcasts and stickies! This entire site is ALL inspiration!

(And welcome!)

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sun May 30, 2010 12:43 pm

Welcome, rhi! No S really can work very well. Habitcal can be a great help in tracking your successes, and it is amazing what a good incentive the prospect of a green square is.

You could start today if you wanted to: your first S day!
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

rhi

Post by rhi » Sun May 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Thanks to both of you! I am starting No S today- my first S day- yay! I set up habitcal for the no S diet and for daily walking. My husband will be doing this with me as well. Wish me luck!

Rhi

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun May 30, 2010 5:24 pm

If you live in the US, technically tomorrow is an S day, too.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:23 am

RHI.. YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE! Everyone posting on this site is doing just what you are doing..trying to lose weight.. trying to eat sensible meals.. trying to not let food take over their lives. No one is perfect.. we all have successes and failures... (I am just getting back onboard from two months of " misdirection") One of the first important lessons I learned here was to not beat myself up if I messed up..and not to let a small "mess-up'" lead to a whole day of eating. "Mark it and move on" is a phrase that is very useful in No-S-ing!
I would suggest reading everything there is to read on this site (not all at once!!). You never know when you will come across something that just "speaks" to you. Post any doubts or questions and post your successes.. you have a cheering section here like you won't believe!! good luck!!
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Starla

Post by Starla » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Welcome, rhi!

When I first began No S, I found it very helpful to read the testimonials section and also the daily check-ins. I chose the check-in threads with multiple pages - I figured those were the people who had learned how to stay with No S.

The sticky thread of No S catch phrases contains a lot of No S wisdom condensed into memorable form, and the sticky of KCCC's description of the phases of No S is invaluable.

Good luck, and congratulations on starting your first N day. More and more I've come to realize that the most important thing is simply to START.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Welcome! I have about the same weight to loose. Stick around and you'll get it! Give it an honest try and you'll see! :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me