sick!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

satikat

sick!

Post by satikat » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:25 pm

I know sick days count as S days, but I feel like it's still a day of failure. I'm pretty sure that this is from years of dieting behavior. Any one else struggle with this?

(some kind of icky stomach bug that hit yesterday evening, still going strong :cry: )

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:20 pm

Poor you. I hope you feel better soon.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:28 pm

i know just what you mean! I always have an conversation going on in my head about how it is an S day..but am I really sick enough to count it as such or am I playing games with myself. Take the S day.. pamper yourself.. get a good night's sleep... hope you feel better tomorrow! :wink:
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:50 pm

My "criteria" for a sick-day S day: if I don't feel well enough to eat normally, it's an S day. When I have digestive upsets, I tend to want either salty things or sweet things. It's usually pretty simple stuff, but small amounts more often than usual.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

MarieDe

Post by MarieDe » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:26 am

I had a stomach bug a couple weeks ago too. I didn't really feel like eating much at all then, though. I usually don't want to eat much when I have a cold, either (hurts to swallow with sore throat). Headaches don't interfere with my appetite, though, and like many women I tend to get cravings during a certain part of the month. I'd forgotten about "sick days are s-days" and not been giving myself a break then.
This quote kinda sums up what I'd like my life to be-"It's mostly a music show, with lots of talk and laughter in between."-Mike Douglas