Just one little plate got you down?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Urban Ranger

Just one little plate got you down?

Post by Urban Ranger » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:44 pm

google for Bento or Obento. Traditionally, they're lunches made for Japanese husbands to take to work but it seems to have certainly branched off from there! My husband isnt' interested by my girl certainly is.

Here is a link to the cutest, I think. Only someone with small children will want to make these, I imagine. My 11 year old thinks we should be able to have these everyday . . . meh.
http://www.annathered.com/gallery/

Here is a link to some pretty cute photos; be sure to scroll all the way down to the lady at the spa!
http://shop.iloveobento.com/blogs/bento-gallery

Some bento boxes are one box and some are two tier. Several of the ones here are two tier so it would seem like two plates of food. They are quite small so the amount of food is about the same as one plate. I didnt' want to do that, though. The boxes come in different sizes so there are very small children's boxes, small women's boxes, and larger men's boxes. My daughter and I got a two tier men's box. That way just one tier is enough food and we use the bottom tier for napkins, ice pack, et c.

This is something you might do once/wk or once/month or so unless you have a ton of time laying around somewhere . . . and if you have some to spare, send it my way!

Aleria

Post by Aleria » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:08 pm

I actually discovered No-S through the bento and Japanese cooking in general website/forum Just Bento/Just Hungry.
I love it, though in the winter I'm more inclined towards soup and hot pasta in my thermal jar than the more traditional bento box format.
"I'm not here to decorate your world"
Start: January 2010: 160 pounds, 39" waist
During: December 2010: 152 pounds, 33" waist