Christmas Cookies

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

oliviamanda

Christmas Cookies

Post by oliviamanda » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Came into work today and my co-worker has Christmas cookies for me already!!! It's not even December. Now, I just have to get them home and either give them to my husband or freeze them for another time. My sister-in-law handed me tins I gave her last year that she wants me to refill with the Christmas cookies I baked. I really do enjoy baking the cookies, but I think I do not have the willpower to be near this stuff and not eat it. I will try really hard!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:55 pm

I know we have some of my mom's pumpkin pie in the fridge, left from Thanksgiving. This is not ordinary pumpkin pie. This is the Platonic ideal of pumpkin pie, without the off flavors, cracks, or dryness that some pumpkin pies have. At least I only have to wait till Hanukkah starts on Wednesday night to have some...

ShannahR

Post by ShannahR » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Could you put the cookies your co-worker gave you into the tin your sister-in law handed you? Then you could solve all your problems and eliminate having the temptation of freshly baked cookies around.

LOL
This version of myself is not permanent, tomorrow I will be different. --BEP

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:12 pm

ShannahR wrote:Could you put the cookies your co-worker gave you into the tin your sister-in law handed you? Then you could solve all your problems and eliminate having the temptation of freshly baked cookies around.

LOL
Ah, the elegant solution! :D