Thank you all for being here...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

Thank you all for being here...

Post by Over43 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:03 am

I had a "fire fight" on a low carb web site this week when I suggested individuals could eat low glycemic and gain the same results as "straight low carb" eaters. The Dogmatists pounced.

I like it here because many of us come with "pre-paid" diet theories that we mold to work within the No S Format. And I truly believe an Ornish approach, Atkins approach, Low Glycemic, etc. will fit within the framework of what Reinhardt has devised. With room to whiggle.

Good luck to you all. I do beleive my gol for this coming June 2011 will be 155 lbs. on my 5' 9" frame. I might look a bit slender, but if I can make it to the Caribbean again this coming summer, I don't want to be hiding the beach photos. :lol:
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

jd4070

Post by jd4070 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:30 am

Good Luck Over43. You can do it!!!!!!!!!

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:33 am

No S and keeping kosher work together, I know from personal experience.

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:56 pm

I'll chime in with a "thank you for being here" too.

I appreciate this site because, as a group, we generally accept that different things work for different people, and that there is not only one way to make this work.

When there are strongly differing beliefs/perspectives, people handle discussion courteously, drawing on research and experience to advance the various positions. It's a refreshing change from the name-calling too common in many venues, lol!

And there is genuine consideration for others. Most people who practice variations of No-S are careful to make that clear when giving advice, so that new people are not confused. I especially see consideration among the "calorie-counters" group, who generally recognize that many people here very much wish to avoid calorie-counting, and are kind enough to confine their advocacy of calorie-counting to their own threads. (Thank you!)

These abilities - tolerance of diverse position, civility while disagreeing, and consideration of others - are traits woefully lacking in general society, (IMHO) to be cherished wherever found.

And people on this site usually go beyond mere tolerance/civility/courtesy, and are actively kind and supportive. Thank you all for being here. You make it a really special place. :)

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm

KCCC wrote:I appreciate this site because, as a group, we generally accept that different things work for different people, and that there is not only one way to make this work.

When there are strongly differing beliefs/perspectives, people handle discussion courteously, drawing on research and experience to advance the various positions.

And there is genuine consideration for others. Most people who practice variations of No-S are careful to make that clear when giving advice, so that new people are not confused. I especially see consideration among the "calorie-counters" group, who generally recognize that many people here very much wish to avoid calorie-counting, and are kind enough to confine their advocacy of calorie-counting to their own threads. (Thank you!)

And people on this site usually go beyond mere tolerance/civility/courtesy, and are actively kind and supportive.
KCCC, I agree totally with your above-quoted statements. Image
As a representative of the calorie counting group, I thank you
for being one of the kind, considerate and supportive members here.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com