Feeling Hopeful... I think this will work!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gettheweightoff

Feeling Hopeful... I think this will work!!!

Post by gettheweightoff » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:04 am

Even though today is my first day on my No-S lifestyle I feel hopeful, like I can actually do this. After a whole month of trying to do WW and binge eating to the point I put on 10lbs (I'd do it for a day then binge eat for 3 then try again and binge.... over and over) I finally feel free of all that nonsense.

I added up my calories for the day. I ate pretty healthy and balanced with no sugar in my meals (that is a goal of mine) which added up to about 1300 calories.

I can't believe I did it... I actually got through day 1. Sure I'm thinking about food and snacking but it's completely out of habit. I ate at 5:50pm and it's 8:20pm and I feel a bit hungry but I am determined to complete this day and every other no-s day.

Reading the testimonials has really encouraged me as well so thanks to everyone who posts. I find this board very positive!

:-) :D

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:43 am

Welcome, gettheweightoff, and congratulations on a successful first day.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

gettheweightoff

Post by gettheweightoff » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:42 am

Day 2 under my belt. I really think I can do this!

I did have a very slight variation. I have a bad cold and we went out for chinese food so I had my wonton soup about 3 minutes before my meal.

I ordered steamed veggies, chicken and almonds in a chicken broth and had a small portion of another dish in a sauce. I had my plate and ate slower because I used chop sticks. No SECONDS. NO fortune cookies.

YAY me!

Oh and at lunch, I had no choice but to eat in the car so I visually prepared a plate and had 1/2 of the kids chuck e cheese individual pizza, two bites of pasta and a 1/4 of a hamburger. I really think this would have all fit on 1 plate nicely.

I'm definitely hungry right now but I figure I should go to bed and I can eat again at breakfast!